Mission is to provide such knowledge and skills to the students that shall enable them
- To practice as a clinician.
- As a primary eye care physician and surgeon,
- Also to function effectively as a community health leader.
- To assist in the implementation of National Programme for the prevention of blindness & rehabilitation of the visually impaired
- MBBS (1961) – Intake 200 per annum
- DO (1970)- 2 per annum
- MS (1970)- 6 per annum
Out reach programmes
1. British Journal of Ophthalmology
2. American Journal of Ophthalmology
3. Archives of Ophthalmology
4. Indian Journal of Ophthalmology
5. Ophthalmology Today